Who can become a member:
Membership is open to all students, both undergraduate and graduate, faculty, staff, and alumni of Abilene Christian University.
- May participate in organized service projects, training sessions, knowledge reviews, and outings.
- Discounts on the cost of outings and events.
- Free T-Shirt.
- Opportunities to post and announce outings to other members when trying to recruit for an outing or event.
- Free gear rental to dues paid members. Inventory right now includes:
- 3 Tents (8-man)
- 1 Tent (2-man backpacking tent)
- 1 Table (used for the camp kitchen)
- Assorted MSR brand sets of camp dishes and utensils.
- 1 Two-burner camp stove w/propane tank. (A pre-rental demonstration required)
- 3 All purpose helmets (Can be used for biking, climbing, etc.)
- 3 Black Diamond Climbing harnesses (w/ chalk bags and belay devices)
- 2 5-gallon collapsible water jugs
- 1 Coleman brand cooler
- Gear rental is FREE for paid members. A small fee will be required for rental with non-members.
- Requests for gear must be at least FOUR DAYS IN ADVANCE to give the Outdoor Club sufficient time to get it into your hands.
- There will be a basic rental form for each time of rental.
- Contact us via our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by contacting one of the officers.
- Attendance of at least one club activity per semester.
- $20.00 annual membership dues – goes towards:
- Providing club tools for service projects.
- Updating the gear cache.
- Mitigating some of the cost of events.